2018-2023 BODTO STRATEGIC PLAN SUMMARY
After the TOTAL QUALITY journey started in 2005, Bodrum Chamber of Commerce has started to carry out planned and planned activities by continuously improving its corporate infrastructure and quality service understanding through accreditation and strategic plan studies.
STRATEGIC PLAN defines the strategies and decision-making processes to be followed over the next four years for a stronger chamber by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses as well as opportunities and threats in front of our chamber. The Plan will also contribute to strengthening and maintaining the position of developing services, plans and programs to better understand the legal, managerial and multi-component trade environment in which our chamber's members are active and to make use of opportunities for business opportunities. Having started to implement its first strategic plan in 2007-2009, our chamber completed the process by implementing the second strategic plan between 2010-2013.
After the "BODTO FOREIGN STAKEHOLDER WORKSHOP" which was held on April 26, 2014 within the last period, our Strategic Plan covering our activities for 2017 was prepared by Secretary General Prof.Dr. Fuat ÖNDER and put into implementation since then.
The last strategic plan is prepared for 2018-2023 and the 2018-2023 BODTO STRATEGIC PLAN covers all our targets until the 100th anniversary of our republic.
2018-2023 BODTO STRATEGIC PLAN
SUMMARY OF POLICY AND GOALS
The European Commission aims to develop a SUSTAINABLE GROWTH model with the 2020 Strategy of Europe, which is called the Lisbon Strategy, and an additional strategy for accessing to the KNOWLEDGE BASED ECONOMIC TARGETS. The priorities of the Commission for growth are intelligence based, sustainable and inclusive growth issues.
The Bodrum Chamber of Commerce completed the 2018-2023 BODTO STRATEGIC PLAN, which was prepared in order to raise its own institutional structure, to develop its members and to strengthen the economy of Bodrum Peninsula.
In addition, the European Commission has announced the principles of new approach for Europe under the approach of “Small Business Act”. These principles, which are presented as recommendations to the member countries, are explained with the motto of: “First think the small one.”.
Some of the main objectives of BODTO Strategic Plan
• Creating a business environment in which entrepreneurs and family businesses are facilitated and entrepreneurship is rewarded,
• Encouraging the development of all kinds of innovation and skills of SMEs,
• Researching creative sectors, creating local creative urban networks in the development of creative industries,
• Supporting the growth of SMEs in foreign markets through training activities and specific supports for new markets.
In the meantime, with the rapidly developing and expanding information and communication technologies, globalization affects the economic and social developments of all countries. Thus, there is a big change in the organizational structure and the way of doing business. E-commerce, technology and the internet are now at the center of all business models. The development of knowledge-intensive industries and the expansion of manpower opportunities in other geographies increase the importance of well-trained talents in developing countries globally.
In this context, expanding the training opportunities for the training of qualified manpower has become the most important issue today.
All these trends are taken into consideration in this Strategic Plan. INFORMATION BASED ECONOMY, HIGH VALUE CREATION, SME POLICIES, TRAINING AND TRENDS OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND SUSTAINABILITY are taken into BODTO policies. In this context SUSTAINABILITY OFFICE was opened in our Chamber.
Strategic Objectives of BODTO
2018-2023 Strategic Plan of BODTO was prepared with the participation of all internal and external stakeholders.
This plan is the planning of the works related to the near future in order to achieve the targets that we have determined in accordance with the quality service and sustainability philosophy in line with the QUALITY POLICY of our Chamber.
As a result of State Analysis, the most important and strengthening components of BODTO (Internal and External Environment Analysis), Stakeholder Surveys and all other document researches and determinations have been identified as follows:
• Having strong management and competent staff with effective relations in the region,
• To have a structure that can develop member relationships, to plan and use strong financial resources effectively,
• To be aware of the fact that by internalizing the concept of corporate governance, it can improve its services by moving its institutionalization forward.
• To be able to produce awareness projects with the structure that can direct regional development,
• To be able to serve the entire Bodrum Peninsula with its new Peninsula and Infrastructure,
Strategic Objectives has been prepared on the basis of these strengths and it has been identified as strengthening weaknesses and coping strategies with threats. According to the results of all studies, the main axes of the Strategic Plans given in the Strategic Plan are classified as 3 Axis:
Strategic Axis 1:
A- Implementation and Development of BODTO Policies
B- Institutionalization: Developing BODTO IMS and Accreditation System
C- Governance, Institutional Change and Development
Strategic Axis 2:
A- Developing Corporate Collaborations with External Stakeholders
B- Development of Activities and Services for Members
Strategic Axis 3:
A- Commercial Life Development
B- Social Responsibility Projects
C- Planned work: Business Plans
The concept of “sustainable tourism” started to be used in the 80’s. It includes the development of different types of tourism rather than a type of tourism. Today, the sustainability of all business areas and projects has become important.
2023 Tourism Strategy of Turkey within the scope of policy and practice recommendations for the development of different types of tourism has been established by the relevant Ministry.
The Tourism Strategy aims to make tourism sustainable by considering the balance of protection-use of natural, historical, cultural and geographical values. Thus, with the increase in local revenues and employment is aimed.
In this framework, it is aimed to carry out the studies aimed at supporting priority tourism areas such as green destinations, accredited tourism regions, tourism corridors, tourism cities and eco-tourism regions.
In the new plan period, our policies for target studies can be grouped as follows:
• To manage the mass tourism activities that are being implemented with the sustainability principle. (energy use, local products, local employment, green concept, branding, quality certificates, etc.)
• Manage different types of tourism being developed with community-based alternative tourism designed for disadvantaged groups with a sustainable understanding (history tourism, eco tourism, highland tourism, rural tourism, races and land-sea sports tourism, health tourism, thermal tourism, winter tourism, adventure tourism, cultural tourism, etc.)
• To organize 'Sustainable Tourism' trainings and seminars on topics related to sustainable tourism, valuation studies on this subject, monitoring and management of visitor effects, tourism industry and working procedures to reduce impacts, tourism based education and certification standards.